Love what you do!
Weekends will arrive quickly when you love what you do.
When you love your work, life seems so much easier. So often you hear the old saying Happy Wife Happy Life! As our lives become so connected, we can quickly get immersed in work all our waking hours. With ever present email and testy texts we can be thinking about work 24/7 (even when we sleep, our subconscious might also be dreaming about it!). Furthermore, did you know that nearly 70% of employees are actively disengaged? (according to a Gallup research).
What to do?
1) Set boundaries for your time
2) Allow hours before bedtime where you switch off
3) Maximise your recreational times to include – mental, physical, spiritual space
4) Create interests outside of work
5) Have a 3rd space – find an outlet outside of work and home that is nurturing to you.
Enjoy your time out of work, it will make you a better contributor when you are working.