Simone Allan has been recruiting executives across a range of industries for over 20 years, below are her 6 top tips for writing your resume.
1.Your front page should include as much detail as possible – career history summary with dates, personal details and education. Today AI often only scans the front page of a resume – so include as much information as you can.
2. Interests and personal details are optional but can be a good talking point
3. Ensure accuracy of dates, no gaps, correct titles and correct grammar. This applies to the covering email/letter as well as the resume! Highlight achievements.
4. Avoid assuming interviewers know your industry jargon, abbreviations or what your company does. Give brief explanations of company & dimensions of the company. The interviewer may not know all the companies listed.
5. Make sure your contact details are up-to-date and on the footer of each page and that you have a message bank on your phone whilst on your job search.
6. Provide trusted & respected referees – no need to issue mobile numbers, you can say numbers supplied at request.
We hope this helps you start to create or update your resume, if you’d like further advice contact Simone Allan on email@example.com
Happy New Year!
Now is the time to reflect and look back on all your achievements over the last year, to build your bag of tricks and reignite your career. Our CEO Simone Allan appeared on Channel9 ‘s Today to discuss how you can supercharge into the year ahead. Watch through the link below to find out more.
We are pleased to announce the appointment today of Ken O’Brien as Chair of Mondo Group. Ken has extensive experience in Executive Search and Leadership Advisory consulting having founded the boutique firm Emissary Partners in 2003 and previously co-founded the Australian operations of Heidrick & Struggles. During his search career, he has held Managing Partner roles in Australia and Japan, and Asia-Pacific responsibility as a Practice Leader.
Simone Allan, CEO and Founder of Mondo says “Ken brings as our Chair his wealth of strategic and advisory experience in working with the Boards and CEOs of companies across a broad range of industry and commerce in Australia and Asia-Pacific. The Mondo Group looks forward to optimising Ken’s guidance for the benefit of our valued clients.”
Prior to Executive Search, he spent 15 years in the insurance industry in Australia and the UK including Director Positions of international insurance brokers such as Alexander and Alexander (now AON).
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/kenobrien1
Phone: 1300 737 917
Mobile: +61 411 889 153