This is the ideal job for someone who has a strong belief and a lifetime commitment to the 12 Step recovery model.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Residency
- Inner West Location
- Provide direction and Leadership
Program Manager Sydney Retreat Stanmore
The Sydney Retreat is a not-for-profit charity and operates a 20 bed drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre in Stanmore, NSW. The 30-day residential program is based on The Retreat in Minneapolis, www.theretreat.org. This US rehab has been delivering a program of immersion in 12 Step recovery for 22 years and achieving extraordinary results.
The Sydney Retreat’s low cost, educational program is based on the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). The program is designed for those who need time out in a safe and supportive environment to establish a foundation for long term sobriety. The Sydney Retreat will serve as a bridge linking people in early recovery to the extensive recovery community.
Research shows that long term recovery from alcoholism is determined largely by the person’s depth of engagement with a recovery community. At the Sydney Retreat, this engagement is facilitated using experienced staff and the extensive use of volunteers from the recovery community to serve as speakers, group leaders, role models and sponsors. Over 120 committed and enthusiastic volunteers pass through the doors of the Retreat every month.
Reporting to the CEO, your role will include
1) Providing direction and leadership to the Retreat staff and volunteers. This will include:
performance management and rostering of volunteer peer support workers and the Sydney Retreat staff.
2) Ensure compliance to policies, procedures and 12 Step principles
3) Manage the admissions, the induction and discharge process to ensure a quality service.
4) Employee selection & retention
5) Crisis management – ensuring good processes are in place for risk management
- Recent experience in drug and alcohol rehabs
- Management experience
- Clinical assessment skills
Must have strong knowledge and personal experience in the AA Twelve Step principles. Have experience and worked in a drug and alcohol rehab, proven management experience and some clinical assessment skills. Qualifications in AOD, community work, nursing, social work or related field preferred but not essential. Salary to be commensurate with experience. Please apply…….. We are focused on improving the status and effectiveness of 12 Step recovery in Australia.