Exciting opportunity to lead the team at the iconic Royal Motor Yacht Club Broken Bay.
- Drive member and guest experience
- Inspire and motivate a talented team
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
Our client, the Royal Motor Yacht Club, is located in Newport on Northern Beaches on Sydney’s beautiful Pittwater. RMYC’s purpose is to provide an outstanding, welcoming club and marina to their boat owner members, social members and guests. Seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the team, it is an exciting time to join the club following the recent launch of the extended marina plus RMYC being awarded ABIA NSW 2018 Club Reception of the Year.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and leading the club’s management team, as CEO you will be the face of the club and manage interactions with numerous stakeholders. You will be responsible for identifying avenues for revenue growth, ensuring membership retention, strengthening RMYC’s position and reputation in the boating/marina industry, oversee the development of the club’s brand across all channels including marketing and sponsorships, plus being accountable for RMYC’s achievement of its financial goals. The CEO will also be charged with developing a 3-year strategic plan for RMYC to set the direction of the club and ensure its ongoing success.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate and deliver:
- Strong management and understanding of finances including budgets, forecasting and reporting
- A hospitality philosophy that delivers high levels of service standards, productivity and efficiency
- A track record of improving customer or member experience
- Ability to build a strong brand utilising marketing opportunities across all channels
- Negotiate smart sponsorship and partner agreements
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and a commitment to set and meet ambitious objectives and targets
- A leadership style which is motivating and encourages a high-performance, vibrant and ‘one-team’ workplace culture
- Understanding of club legal compliance requirements (including NSW liquor and gaming laws) and a strong WHS track record
Due to the nature of the RMYC environment, you will need to be available for evening and weekend hours to lead the team during busy periods and at key events. In return, you will work in a stunning location with a great team, receive benefits including 5 weeks annual leave, club organised professional development, a competitive salary and an annual bonus based on the achievement of mutually agreed performance measures.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned and commercially astute hospitality professional who wants to be challenged, inspire others and make their mark as CEO of a well-established and successful club. If you can demonstrate the ability and passion to deliver the above, we would love to talk to you.Please apply now!