Women’s Resilience Centre(WRC)- Incredible opportunity to make your mark in a new service offering,transforming the lives of women and their families.
- Outcome Focused Programs
- Northern Beaches Based
- First Program of it’s kind in Australia
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a recovery focused Team leader to join a thriving scale-up social purpose organisation, with a mission to transform and reset the lives of women and their families,who have experienced Domestic violence, abuse and trauma.
In Australia, an average of one woman every 8 days is being murdered by a current or former partner. The cycle of domestic abuse reveals that on average a woman will return to their abuser 7-11times before they leave or die. Our program seeks to break this cycle of abuse and transform the lives of our residents and day program participants.
The Women’s Resilience Centre was founded in 2020 as a place of hope, healing and recovery for women who have experienced domestic abuse, trauma and violence.The first of its kind in Australia, our programs will be outcomes-focused, and seek to change the legacies of women and their families, and continue their healing and recovery.
In Australia there is a gap after crisis care providing long term support. The Women’s Resilience Centre will offer both community and also a day program for day attendees. A lived-experience mentoring and peer to peer support program will be provided also to ensure every women is supported in their long term recovery journey. If we do not repair we will repeat.
Reporting to the Chair, you will be responsible for the management of the day to day operations of the Women’s Resilience Centre, it’s people and it’s resources.
To succeed in this role you will have proven experience and expertise
in a community support service provision and community group support sessions.
Essential Experience & Expertise
● Previous experience in a Team Leader or Program Lead role, ideally within a community service or clinical service.
● Experience of working with individuals who have experienced DV and/or trauma
● An abundance mindset and sense of gratitude and self-awareness
● Tertiary qualification in a related field;
● Proactive and positive ‘can do’ attitude;
● Willingness to go the extra mile for all clients, colleagues, volunteers and the greater community
● Thirst for best practice and hunger for excellence, proven experience in running a community support
service facility and/ or a track record as a therapist or counsellor.
● Ability to work cross functions and cross cultures
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 1300 737917