Incredible opportunity to make your mark in a new service offering care, support and transforming lives,in this newly created Team Leader role.
- Make a Difference and Transform Lives
- Passionate Committed Team
- Fulltime of Part-time Job Share
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a Team Leader position in a scale-up social purpose organisation, with a mission to transform and reset the lives of women and their families, experiencing domestic violence and trauma.
The Women’s Resilience Centre (WRC), established mid 2020, supports women emerging from domestic / family violence. Whilst many government and voluntary services provide housing and support, most are short-term and through desperation, many women and children return to unsafe environments perpetuating the tragic cycle of abuse.
The WRC aims to fill this gap between short-term crisis care and longer-term recovery. Rather than fragmented shelters and support services, the Centre will offer holistic, trauma-informed support encompassing:
- Accommodation for up to twelve months in a secure environment
- A Resilience program to build and strengthen: 1. self-awareness, wellbeing and dignity; 2. capability around job, financial, legal, technology safety and life skills; 3. clinical support
- A Mentor program matching ‘survivors’ to ‘thrivers’ with lived-experience enabling survivors and their children to feel supported and empowered.
In Australia there is a gap after crisis care providing medium term residential support. The Women’s Resilience Centre will offer both residential accommodation for up to 12 months and also a day program for day attendees.
Participation in the resilience and mentoring programs is open to both residents and non-residence.
Reporting to the Chair & CEO, you will be responsible for the management of the day- to day operations of the Women’s Resilience Centre, it’s people and resources. This will include:
- Working alongside the Property, Program and Mentoring Managers to provide organisational and administrative support for the Centre’s programs
- Engaging with stakeholders and managing volunteers
To succeed in this role you will have proven experience and expertise in a rehabilitation facility and ideally a group therapist or social worker.
Essential Experience & Expertise
- Previous experience in a Team Leader of GM role ideally within a clinical practice environment
- Experience of working with individuals who have experienced DV and/or trauma
- An abundance mindset and sense of gratitude and self-awareness
- Tertiary qualification in a related field;
- Proactive and positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Willingness to go the extra mile for all clients, colleagues, volunteers and the greater community
- Thirst for best practice and hunger for excellence, proven experience in running a rehabilitation facility and a track record as a therapist or counsellor.
- Ability to work cross functions and cross cultures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ideally the role is full time but open to part time and job share.