Join one of The World’s Most Innovative Wine & Spirits Company!
Proven business builder needed to drive a premium portfolio across New Zealand
Our Client is a family-owned, family-run wine & spirits company dedicated to the creation and development of unique,premium beverage brands. We are seeking Country Manager to drive their portfolio in New Zealand.
The Country Manager is responsible for delivering volume, distribution, merchandising, and pricing performance across their designated markets. Responsibility covers all channels of business, in both on and off-premise. Inherent in this responsibility is managing importer relationships as well as major customer relationships.The Country Manager is responsible for developing and executing sales programming with the importer as well as managing sales budgets, marketing programs in the pursuit of achieving both quantitative and qualitative KPIs.
- Participate, with the Regional Sales Manager in the development and execution of annual sales plan for assigned geographic territory
- Manage Company brand portfolio and travel within territory to actively engage accounts
- Ensure proper management of depletions and inventory by SKU (prevent out of stocks and plan for future growth)
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling and demos in both on and off premise
- Actively develop and manage relationships with importer/distributor key sales & marketing staff.
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming in all markets
- Support the Regional Sales Manager in the development and efficient management of all sales budgets
- Ensure the planning and execution of price structures and shelf prices in the market
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs
- Participate in the development of program-specific POS
- Call on and activate Key Accounts in the market under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus, and ads are executed to standard
- Participate in importer planning and sales meetings
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry
- Strong knowledge of import operations
- Good knowledge of the art and science of importer programming and pricing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Company brands
- Strong key account negotiation skills
- Existing relationships with wholesaler management a plus
- Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment; “self-starter”
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Financially responsible and knowledgeable in budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive and travel 4-5 days per week required