Wonderful opportunity to make a difference to the vison & strategy of this Boutique FMCG Company
Senior Product Manager – Boutique FMCG
This boutique FMCG retailer is in eleven countries, and is ranged in leading retailers including Woolworths (Australia) & large international retailers
Purpose of This Leadership Role
• Vision & Strategy for Product/ Brands – Owns the strategic direction and vision for Product for existing ranges and new categories to maximise market opportunities and are on brand.
• Supplier Selection & Management – Sound supplier selection, negotiation and ongoing management with operations and assistant Product Manager
• Product Sourcing & Development – Develops core and new products to meet internal commercial benchmarks by conducting market & trend research; reviewing lifecycles; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
• Sound execution and delivery of projects – Manage the multiple go-to-market timelines set by the retailers across the various internal departments and stakeholders to ensure on-time, low risk, execution of product/ brand launches from concept to launch which maximises the result.
• IP Protection – Proactive management of exclusive supplier agreements and trademarks and domains.
• Quality Management Process – Establish sound quality management processes for all ranges. Ensure issues are resolved and communicated as appropriate
• People Management – Provide guidance to APM – product development and direction
Product Vision & Strategy
Processes / Reporting
Sales & Account Management
Consumer & Retailer (Trade) Marketing
• Delivery of Milestone Projects
• Deliver sales budgets by category – involves new product introduction targets
• Achieve CM (Contribution Margin targets)
Is this You?
• Qualification – Marketing or Commerce degree – it is essential that you understand BRAND
• Experience – Minimum 5 years in a product development role for a branded product business.
o Experience in the grocery / FMCG channels.
o Experience with Chinese supply AND local manufacturing (managing components)
• Project Management – Exceptional project management and communication skills
• Commercial/ Negotiation – sound analytical skills and knowledge of financials and returns in order to reach benchmarks. Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strategic – you can utilise trends and data to think broadly and drive the direction of the category
• Creative – An eye for good design, and a generator of new and interesting concepts
• Marketing & Analysis & Research skills
o Text book marketing skills – to enable compilation of brand marketing materials and in the development of the product line.
o Strong research skills- using in market visits, internet and industry reports and data- to both collect and interpret data into insight and recommendations on competitive position
• VERY computer proficient
o Microsoft Suite: excel, word, powerpoint, outlook
o Adobe suite – preferred but not essential
o Able to learn new systems quickly
• Organisational skills – Stickler for detail & able to work within a small team environment
• Communicator – Excellent communicator so that the business is up to date on product
• Resourceful & Independent – takes pride in work and is a self-starter. Love to figure things out!
• Interpersonal skills – Very personable, a good communicator with a mature approach
• Highly reliable with the ability to work autonomously
Please APPLY NOW