Are you looking for an agile & fast paced environnment with a growing retail company with real career prospects?
Full Job Description
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for ensuring that all facets of supplier, merchandise and promotional programs are developed with the aim of satisfying customers’ needs/purchasing habits, generating sales revenue.
Provide coaching, guidance and appraisal of the Category Manager Team, with support from the Head of Merchandise.
What You Will Be Doing
• Categories: Provide all facets of category management to a group of nominated merchandise categories including
ranging, pricing, trend analysis, promotional activity, (NPD), new line trials and introductions, space planning and planograms.
• Suppliers: In conjunction with Head of Merchandise, negotiating with and ensuring that all suppliers have current,
signed trading terms in place.
• Stores: Ensure that all matters affecting ranges, planograms, promotions, new products and any matters which
impact stores are accurately and promptly communicated
• Colleagues: Provide relevant insights, trends and market information
• Merchandise: Ensure that all ranges are current and in line with emerging trends
Is This You?
Strong negotiation skills
• Beverages & Drinks category experience
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills.
• Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills.
• Computer literacy in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent analytical skills especially in Nielsen and Aztec data.
• Ability to multitask;
• Operate within a cost effective and commercially prudent framework.
• Results driven and focus on adding value and building relationships.
• An excellent communicator at all levels
• Up to date knowledge of the marketplace and across industries e.g. FMCG, Convenience, Online etc.
Please Apply Now